FEMPLY is a Composite Ply-Based Modelling tool fully integrated into Siemens’ FEMAP Pre/Post-processor offering fast, efficient and simple definition of complex component layups.
Developed by PlySim, a leading Composites Engineering Consultancy, FEMPLY is a versatile tool developed and used by Composite Engineers on real-world projects in a wide range of markets.
FEMPLY Express Features
FEMPLY includes a large range of features to improve the Simplicity, Speed, Versatility and Reliability of Composite Pre-processingCurrent Version: 1.0
Requires FEMAP v10.3 - v11.0
- Tabular definition of whole component laminate schedules more closely following manufacturing processes.
- Simple, intuitive user interface.
- Tabular definition of 2d Orthotropic Material Properties can be used to directly edit the FEMAP Database.
- Edit multiple plies in one operation.
- Completely integrated into FEMAP. No exporting to external programs required.
- A single definition of Laminate Properties, Failure Theorem and Offsets can be applied all Composite Property sets.
- Geometry Independent
- Select directly from FEMAP or manually specify element lists.
- Automatically re-map existing plies onto a new mesh or after mesh refinement.
- Import Plies, Materials and Properties from other FEMPLY layup files.
- Ply definitions are unrestricted by interior holes etc.
- FEMPLY Layup Files can be easily read, modified or written by in-house programs.
- All Layups, Properties and Global Plies are easily traceable for inspection.
- FEMPLY uses FEMAP’s Global Ply functionality for easy post-processing.
FEMPLY PRO Features
All the benefits of FEMPLY Express with the addition of:
Current Version: 2.1
Requires FEMAP v10.3 - v11.0
- Accurately account for fibre angle deviation during the manufacture process.
- Verify planned production processes.
- Reduce the need for modifications or redesign late in the manufacturing process.
- Directly extract 2d CAD ply shapes for use in ply booklets or cutting patterns..
- Enhance the accuracy and reproducibility of the component.
- Robust Post-Processing to Hill, Hoffman, Tsai-Wu, Max Stress, Max Strain, Puck and LaRC02 failure theorems.
- Output vectors by Layer, Global Ply and Maximum.
- Critical Ply and Fibre Angle output vectors to quickly and easily identify critical areas.
- Sandwich Stability Calculations for Skin Wrinkling, Shear Crimping and Honeycomb Dimpling.
- User Defined Failure Theorems.
- FEMPLY PRO Features Video - Click Here to View
- License cost can be offset by the time savings made in one week on a single project.
- Node-locked and Network licenses available.
VAT on purchases from within the EU is charged at 20%
Licenses will be e-mailed to the address provided within 24 hours
Free Trial Download
Enter your Name and E-mail address below to download your free, full version 30 day trial*